JOB OPPORTUNITY: GP based Mental Health Support Worker
DEADLINE THIS FRIDAY 6TH JANUARY
GP based Mental Health Support Worker
Band 4 (x 3) 37.5 hours per week
Allocated Wandsworth GP surgery
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a GP service as a Support Worker with experience of and interest in supporting people with mental health problems to join a new Primary Care Plus service in Wandsworth.
The team will facilitate successful step down from Community Services to GP and Primary Care services. We aim to improve outcomes and experience for people with mental health conditions and physical illnesses.
As a support worker you will work with mental health service users, their carers and other agencies to: 1. Build trusting and collaborative relationships with service users
2. Understand what is important to the service user in their life
3. Help and support the service user to develop and set goals with what is important to them
4. Help them to feel hopeful about the things that are important to them
5. Provide support and advice with being involved in their community – for example housing, employment, education, welfare benefits, social life and peer networks
6. Help service users to feel in control of their life including self-management tools and techniques
The team will consist of one Clinical Team Leader, one qualified mental health Practitioner, three Recovery Support Workers, and have dedicated input from a consultant psychiatrist.
For further information/informal conversation, please contact Kirt Hunte (Team Manager) or Martin Morris (Operational Manager) on 020 3513 5000 / 6333 / 5420